Press Release Writing (MS002)Gain professional insight from media expert M. Krishnamoorthy, who brings decades of media experience in various roles, under his belt.
Advertising is expensive for small businesses. Even big companies are cutting budgets. Gone are the days of grand advertisements and their budgets. That’s why corporations and companies must be creative, determined and compelling in promoting their business.
Gain professional insight from media expert M. Krishnamoorthy, who brings decades of media experience in various roles, under his belt. Expect to learn the best practices for facing the media under any circumstance; navigating hostile press conferences, answering tricky questions, handling ambush interviews, and so on.
Get experience in writing press releases that is newsworthy.
Understand how to write for your target audience.
Deliver a sharp story angle that will interest the public
25 Nov 2017
1 day, 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
RM 280 (exclusive of GST)
RM 150 (exclusive of GST)
Any individual who deals with the media – CEOs, Heads of Departments, Corporate Communications and Public Relations officials, organisation spokespersons, Human Resources leaders and those who deal with the media on behalf of their respective organisations.
Activities crafted suitable for the course.
Short Interactive Lectures
Group & Individual Discussions / Presentations / Role Plays
Practice sessions in facing the media in various situations
Intelligent Adult Games
Short Video Clips
Gain professional insight from media expert M. Krishnamoorthy, who brings decades of media experience in various roles, under his belt.
Think like a Reporter/Editor
- Ensure the first paragraph is succinct and excites the reader.
- Deal with the Facts
- Avoid excessive use of adjectives and fancy language
Developing skills in getting Free Publicity
- Get Experience in writing newsworthy Press Releases.
- Understand your target audience.
- Learn how the media will relate to your press release and use it.
- Separate real company news from promotional fluff.
- Deliver a sharp story angle professionally
Press Releases that get publicised
- An art that can be mastered through coaching, guidance and training.
- Editors and reporters are always looking for news to fill up their pages.
- It all depends on how the story is pitched.
Advanced Media Interview Handling
- Handling media questions in general
- Handling tricky questions
- Handling the hostile media representative
- Handling off-the-cuff responses
Practical/ Mock Session
- Content: Saying what needs to be said
- Delivery: Saying it well, and with assurance
- Control: Saying all that is needed, but no more
- Secret to getting publicity
- Inverted Pyramid of Writing (Who, what, when, where, why and how)
- Press Release Analysis
- 7 Sins of Press Release Writing
Flying Through Crisis, MH370: Lessons in Crisis Communications
Flying Through Crisis: MH370 Lessons In Crisis Communications, examines memorable moments on how Malaysian officials fared in managing the media, rightly or wrongly, and explains how to prepare and perform professionally in managing the media.
According to authors M. Krishnamoorthy and Dr David Kirkham, many Malaysian officials were caught by surprise when the MH370 incident happened last year, and as a result, made many mistakes when initially dealing with the crisis. While they improved dramatically as time went on, the initial mistakes were difficult to recover from, the authors said.
Attendees will also be given a FREE COPY of M. Krishnamoorthy’s book “Flying Through Crisis, MH370: Lessons in Crisis Communications” (Regular retail price RM 45.00)